Life Groups are 4 to 12 people who meet regularly in homes with the express purpose of fulfilling the following things:
- Abiding in Christ: Helping people grow in their relationship with Christ and to walk with Him in an authentic way.
- Building Community: Having a place that people can connect with one another and life life together.
- Contributing to the Kingdom: Being a people who care about our neighbors and reaching the lost who God has put in our path.
How Can I Get Involved?
RVC | Men
On the first Saturday of every month, RiverValley holds a monthly breakfast meeting for men. Breakfast is served at 8:00 a.m. followed by testimony and teaching time with table discussion to conclude at 10:00 a.m. RVC | Men does not meet during the summer.
If you have any questions, please email Pastor Dave.
Joshua’s Men is a next level commitment. Each year, 10 to 15 men are accepted into a two-year program. Pastor Dave and elders Ed Patrick and Neil Wilson lead the group. The first-year men commit to reading a book a month and discussing it. The second-year men study theology with Pastor Dave. Joshua’s Men takes applications through August. Application can be found here.
Click here for current Joshua's Men material.
*RVC | Men has a few fellowship events scheduled throughout the year. Look for dates and times in Sunday's church bulletin or on this page.
RVC | Women
RVC | Women is a community of women at all stages of life coming together to study God’s Word, pray, and encourage one another. All women are invited to come, get connected, and learn about faith in Jesus Christ or strengthen their relationship with the Lord.
Meeting Times (during the school year from September to May):
- Tuesday evening: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Childcare is not offered for the Tuesday evening study. This fall's study is TBD. If you have questions or would like more information, please email Amanda Heise.
- Thursday morning: 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. in the Library. Study resumes on September 5th with a 4-week study on how to study God's Word followed up by a 6- to 8-week study. Childcare is available and provided by the church in our children’s area. If you have questions or need additional information about Thursday morning's gathering, please email or call Laura Ehrlich (717.341.2785) or Bev Fucci (920.232.8614).
And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God,
to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
Equipping Hour is designed to purposefully equip and prepare our church to follow and serve Christ faithfully in our world. Each week from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., there will be two classes offered to study relevant topics. Classes will run 6 to 12 weeks at a time. The classes are open for new people to join each week, so don't worry if you join us a few weeks after the starting date.
Equipping Hour does not meet during the summer between Memorial Day and Labor Day.